Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  As a veterinarian, I have been educated to treat all animals, big and small.
60269376

Just received a drop calf from beef lot but is was crawling

Customer Question

hi just received a drop calf from beef lot but is was crawling with maggots washed it all down with soap and iodine cleaned flushed out most of the maggots gave it 3 cc ivermectin anything else i could do. calf also drank 2 l of electrolights
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Where were the maggots?

Any scours?

Any wounds? If there is, can you take a photo of them? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket,Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not needed any more no scours no open would maggots in bowel vagina belly button ears. cleaned her all out washed her with soap ear cleaner spraying her regular with fly spray when needed still drinking.