CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I have a Goat with a doughnut size ring around one teat only

Customer Question

I have a Goat with a doughnut size ring around one teat only what can this be, the goat has been jumbing the barrier in the goat house could this cause the problem and her milk has blood in it. And she is madden doe first kidding.
Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
How long has the ring been present?
Is it fluidy, hard, firm, hot, or sore to the touch?
Any visible cuts, scratches, ulcers, or sores?
Does she seem resistant to allowing kids to nurse this side? Or are they appearing to refuse?
Does she have a fever?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.