CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  Experienced mixed animal veterinarian
16703648

I have a 3 month old nigerian dwarf buck (goat) with swollen

Customer Question

I have a 3 month old nigerian dwarf buck (goat) with swollen submandibular lymph node. I thought it was a milk goiter. He is a single baby and still nursing. he is acting fine, But one of the lymph nodes broke open and is oozing white. It doesnt look like pus. I do cae test on my herd every year and is always neg. My herd has been closed for 3 years and we have not been to any shows.I don't think it is CL.

Category: Large Animal Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome. I do apologize that my colleagues could not assist you while I was away. Still, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Are both lymph nodes up but only one has ruptured?
Are you sure it is a lymph node and not just a closely located lesion?

Did the discharge have an odor?

Even though I do appreciate that you do not feel it is CL, has there been any testing for CL?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.