Large Animal Veterinary

Ask a Large Animal Vet and Get Answers to Your Questions ASAP

Ask a Veterinarian,

Large Animal Veterinary

I have a goat day 155 still not kidding I can feel babies moving

Customer Question
on right side.I am sure...
I have a goat day 155 still not kidding I can feel babies moving on right side.I am sure of her dates also she is a first time Mom and her udder is still small she is a Nigerian
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Large Animal Veterinary
5/1/2015
Large Animal Vet: Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. It is ot unusual in the young goats to be ready to deliver but the cervix has not opened yet to allow the kids to come out. Since the udders have not yet filled, this may still be too early. The first deliveries may last longer than the gestation period I would give Ellie more time but once the udders start to fill, get an Oxytocin injection from your vet to stimulate delivery and milk production. There are times when the cervix, for some reason does not open and that will require a C section but only your vet can tell for sure. Ellie could go up to 160-165 days and still be normal...patience is mportant when waiting for the delivery. If she starts pushing constantly for more than 1 hr, then you will need emergency care...for now, wait and see, Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****

Yes Thankyou

You are very welcome....I hope Ellie will have beautiful kids!
CountryDoc
CountryDoc
CountryDoc, Veterinarian