Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I just bought an ASUS zenbook (I believe that sorry... I…

Hi, I just bought...

Hi, I just bought an ASUS zenbook (I believe that sorry... I believe that's the model. It will no longer power on unless connected to a power source. Do I need to return it? thank you for your help

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ZenBook?

I think Windows 10? Unfortunately do not have it with me at the moment.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

No - not sure how to do that :( Are there instructions that I could follow and try this tonight?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I will have to come back to this site tonight when hope with laptop -- are you 24/7?

6/20/2018
TaylorTech
TaylorTech, Lead Technician / Owner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue. IMPORTANT - If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you DO NOT want remote support, please IGNORE the computer generated prompts and resume chat. If you are using an iPad or iPhone please do not request remote support. It isn’t possible to do that…

When you experience this it means your internal battery has failed, therefore it can only work on external power when plugged in supplying power...

If you have just bought this then YES you need to exchange it... That is unacceptable for a brand new product...

Thanks Mike

TaylorTech
TaylorTech, Lead Technician / Owner