Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Trying to reset a lenovo IBM thinkpad t60 to factory

Customer Question
Trying to reset a...

Trying to reset a lenovo IBM thinkpad t60 to factory settings

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ThinkPad?

Don't know

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ThinkPad? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Everything that is online

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Laptop
5/26/2018
Laptop technician: Moses C,
 replied 2 months ago
Moses C

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this.
I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

Laptop technician: Moses C,
 replied 2 months ago

To follow the factory reset steps turn off the power on the thinkpad first.

Now power it on and press the “F11” key after the ThinkPad Recovery Menu appears. Enable the “Restore Factory Defaults” option and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall and customize your Windows operating system.

The restore process also reinstalls other third-party software included on the computer when you first purchased it.

Laptop technician: Moses C,
 replied 2 months ago

Please Note: Reset process will only work or initiate if the factory restore partition is not damaged or formatted.