Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

HOW DO I GO BACK TO RESET MY LAPTOP TO A PREVIOUS TIME?

Customer Question
HOW DO I GO...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

WINDOWS 10, HP NOTEBOOK, HP 15-07WM

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your 15-07WM? Have you installed any updates recently?

I THINK THEY ARE SETUP AUTO

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

WHAT HAPPENED IS THAT I HAD A SABRENT FLOPPY DISC READER/USB, AND IT WAS WORKING GREAT. TODAY, I FIND IT ON MY SHORT CUT, BUT WILL NOT SHOW UP. ALSO, THE UNIT LIGHT IS ON AND I CAN HEAR IT RUNNING, BUT CAN'T GET A DISPLAY OF THE UNIT

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Laptop
4/3/2018
Laptop technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 18 days ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

.Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your reset. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

This will depend on if you have previous restore points if you can reset. There are a couple of ways to do it on windows 10.

Open System Restore

Search for system restore in the Windows 10 Search box and select Create a restore point from the list of results. When the System Properties dialog box appears, click the System Protection tab and then click the Configure button.

Enable System Restore

Click to enable Turn on system protection and then use the Max Usage slider to determine how much of your hard drive to use to store Restore Points — 5% to 10% is usually sufficient — and click OK. If you ever need to create a restore Point manually (just before you start messing with any system settings, for example), return to this dialog box and click the Create… button, otherwise Windows 10 will create them automatically.

Restore your PC

Whenever you want to return to a Restore Point, open the System Properties dialog box again (see Step 1), click the System Protection tab and then click the System Restore… button. Follow the on-screen instructions and select the desired Restore Point when prompted. You can also click the Scan for affected programs button before going any further, to see what might change on your PC afterwards. When you’re happy to proceed, click Next.

Just in case that restore doesnt work, you can also reset it and keep your files.

Open Reset this PC

Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery and click Get started below Reset this PC.

Reset Windows 10, but save your files

On the next screen, click Keep my files and follow the on-screen instructions to reset Windows 10. You’ll see a list of apps that will be removed and be asked to confirm your choice before going any further.

Reset this PC from Safe Mode

As with System Restore, serious Windows 10 problems can prevent Reset this PC from working, but you can also run it from Safe Mode to bypass these. Follow Step 1 under If System Restore won’t work above, but instead choose Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Keep my files under Step 2.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Were you able to reset your pc?

Did you need further help for this issue today?

Thank you,

~Franklin

Laptop technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 17 days ago

Thank you,

~Franklin

Laptop technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 15 days ago

Hi, can you please tell me if you still need help with this issue with results so we can close it out or continue?

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician