Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I want to disable the touch pad and my f9 key works the

Customer Question
I want to disable...

I want to disable the touch pad and my f9 key works the volume not the touch pad

Technician's Assistant: Is this happening with internal or external speakers?

Internal

Technician's Assistant: Did you try updating the sound driver on your laptop?

No I tried to up date mouse driver i even tried to uninstall and it didnt uninstall

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No i just want it off

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
4/2/2018
Laptop technician: Richard, Laptop Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Thanks for your Question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Which version of windows are you using?

Please let me know

Thank you

i dont know for sure I thought it was 8 how can i find out
no they already charged me 41 dollars

Click this link

http://whatsmyos.com

And it will tell you

it is windows 8

Thanks

To do this

1. You can find on your Windows 8 start screen a “Control Panel” icon; left click on the icon to open it.
  2. Now you will have to left click on the “More settings” feature to open it. You can find this on the left of the screen after you clicked on “Control Panel”.
  3. A window with “Control Panel” will open. In that window double click (left click) on the “Mouse settings” feature.
  4. After you get in the “Mouse settings” window left click on the “Change mouse settings” feature presented there.
  5. A “Mouse Properties” window will show.
  6. You will have to left click in the upper side of the window on the “Buttons” tab.
  7. Now next to “Left button” you need to choose the option “None” from the dropdown menu.
  8. Next to “Right button” you need to choose the option “None” from the dropdown menu.
  9. Left click on the “OK” button in the lower side of the screen.
  10. You should now have the touchpad buttons disabled and properly use your mouse.

Let me know how you go please

step 6 does not happen

When you go to properties, what do you then have as an option?

I am at mouse properties and I have buttons pointers wheel and hardware

ok, then do it this way

Click start, then Settings

Then type in Touchpad and click on touchpad Settings.

Then you should be able to turn it off there.

Let me know how you go please

ok i did that i get no touchpad settings
and I have to go right now so I dont know what to do at this point ... but the 41 buck I spent didnt seem to be a real good buy

Either instructions will work, so a step is not being done correctly..

do you want it off while you are typing?

ok richard so you know on a toshiba laptop satellite with windows 8 you use fn +f5
now YOU owe ME 41 dollars

yes in Toshiba, you never mentioned the brand.

You said F9 which is for Acer, but my instructions I gave also work

you never asked

No as I provided other instructions for you to do

Glad it is now resolved and all the best