Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a Toshiba Chromebook 2, serial 3F085543C that was…

Customer Question
I have a Toshiba...

I have a Toshiba Chromebook 2, serial 3F085543C that was working great for my wife up until an hour ago. She left to bake a cake for tomorrow, went back and it's totally dead. The pushing the power botton has no effect. With the charger plugged in, the indicator light next to the power input shows green. What can I try?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Chromebook?

Chrome

Technician's Assistant: Does your Chromebook make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?

It's never made noise when rebooted, and it won't reboot now to be double checked. Only the green LED lights and then only when connected to the charger.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Help!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/31/2018
Laptop technician: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to failed hardware, if it is a glitch then your computer will work normally again.Try these steps please> disconnect the power cord and any other externally connected devices and usb cables, then Press and hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Then wait one minute and try powering on normally by pressing the power button for a couple of seconds.Let me know if any changes occur.

Did that work for you?

Tried that and nothing happened. I abandoned it in disgust, while I called around to get ideas from friends, got lunch, got back 45 minutes later. In a forlorn effort, I tapped the power button and it rebooted and ran like there had never been a problem.Don't know if your suggestion did work after a delay, or the problem was self-healing, or it was electronic poltergists.Can't say the problem was solved, but it went away.
That's great news!