Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I recently purchased an Acer Spin 5 - Windows 10 - I would…

Customer Question
Hi, Yes, I recently...

Hi, Yes, I recently purchased an Acer Spin 5 - Windows 10 - I would like to set up -fingerprint as a sign on option (which according to the sticker this should be available)... However in the set up menu it is indicated that it is not on this device

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Acer Spin 5

Technician's Assistant: What Acer product do you have?

Spin 5 (are you receiving my msgs?)

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Acer product?

What I would like to do is set up fingerprint

Technician's Assistant: The Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, the other has to do with the Windows Ink... I am not able to write with my fingers in sticky note'

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/30/2018
Laptop technician: Sheri, Expert replied 3 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Go to the search on the bottom left and type device manager and select it from the list. In device manager, click the arrows next to the categories to expand the categories. Look for anything related to fingerprint, etc.

Right click on it and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.
Regards,
Sheri-Expert