Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I'm cant get my new laptop to show on the display screen. a…

Customer Question
I'm cant get my...

I'm cant get my new laptop to show on the display screen. a different laptop works with the same tv and usb cord. my new laptop works on a different tv, please help me with some mysterious setting that is preventing the new laptop from talking properly to the tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Lenovo. Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Lenovo? Have you installed any updates recently?

Its a new laptop. the first time I had it set up and everyting was working. my husband is a techno peasant and got on while my back was turned. it think he changed a setting and now I have tried what seems like everyting to make it work to no avail. the goofy thing is that it will work instantly at my home but not at the church. The same church set up works instantly with a different laptop. so it is for sure in the lenovo

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

How much will the fee be

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Laptop
3/30/2018
Laptop technician: TaylorTech, Lead Technician / Owner replied 20 days ago
TaylorTech
TaylorTech, Lead Technician / Owner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

Have you gone into the display settings and chosen the other monitor and how it will behave?

I dont have direct access to billing as I am just a technician but it looks like you agreed to $40 on the answer to this question

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I didnt agree to any price

I do know that you do have to agree to the amount when you open the question so perhaps you didnt see that part

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
are you saying that somehow I agreed to 40 for this question
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I will need you to stay with me to solve this then

It is up to you if you wish to continue, this is the best tech support you will find at an affordable price.

Everyone else is upwards of $100

I will send you some steps now

Please ignore all premium offers as you do not have to do them, they are not from me and I am very sorry for them....

They are computer generated and I have no control over them nor can i see them

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
will I just pay 40 for the resolution or do you keep adding money to the fee

It stays same price at $40, unless you opt for a premium service then they are extra so do not take them

CLICK WINDOWS START BUTTON

CLICK SETTINGS ICON

CLICK SYSTEM

UNDER DISPLAY DO YOU SEE BOTH MONITORS? 1 AND 2?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I see 1 and 2

How is your 2nd screen connected to the laptop?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
usb
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
there is nothing wrong with the tv or usb because it works fine with a different laptop

I understand, I still need to understand the connection regardless

If you scroll down on display settings

What is multiple displays set to right now?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
extend these displays

Ok do you have another USB port you can change to on your laptop?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
that's the only one
the same laptop works fine on a different tv at my home so the port is fine
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I can't stay at the church. I will have the computer with me but probably not at the site with the tv that is not connecting. please help me to solve this problem, though!
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
on the screen page with 1 and 2 when I click Detect it says didn't detect another display
Laptop technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 20 days ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. On your computer hold down the Windows Logo key and then press P key. Select Duplicate from the list and I hope you will get the laptop screen on TV.

Regards

Jins

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Hello
I think, actually, the laptop thinks the second screen is off the right of the laptop screen.I received your answer at my house. I tried to do what you suggested. I notice that the pointer will not go past the right side of the screen at my house. But when connected to the tv at church it will go off the right side and get lost sometimes.Please advise. I am using office 2016Miki
Laptop technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 19 days ago

Windows Logo key + P key works, only when there is an External Display connected. I think, at your church the TV connected as Extended Screen and because of some reason you are not seeing the wall paper on TV and that's why it's dark. Duplicating the display will show the same laptop screen on TV. Try that at Church and let me know the result. When you are at church, if a remote session is possible I can connect and check the issue. If you are interested, please let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote session. Then I can fix a time suitable for both of us.

Happy Easter

Regards

Jins

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer