Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I was given Toshiba Tablet/laplop Satellite Click. I started…

Customer Question
I was given Toshiba...

I was given Toshiba Tablet/laplop Satellite Click

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Satellite?

I started the set up but unfortunately I clicked the disable sign.In the process of getting back to setup I erased the hard drive completely as suggested in one online site.Now it give me a message saying no bootable device and please restart the system.What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?

No.It was given to me as a present by my son.I started the setup after charging.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No.It tells me that there is no bootable device and please restart system.It is a 2016 model bought in Mount Gravat Dick Smith stores.Model is Satellite Click10LX0W-C.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Laptop
3/30/2018
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago
Elgin Vega

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you with this request.

If you delete the disk theres no operating system installed and your computer wont start.

The only way to make the computer start again is reinstalling the operating system.

Turn off the computer, hold the "0" zero key and turn on the computer.

You should see a blue screen with menu.

Let me know if you see it

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No.It says no bootable device--Please restart system
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago

Then the disk is completely deleted.

The only way to fix the computer is using the installation media, this process will take some time, because you need to download the software and install OS and all drivers.

I can help you with the process but as I told you it will take some time.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
waiting for you.
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago

Does your computer have a CD room?

Do you have windows 10 installation media?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No.I will have to start from scratch
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago

Do you have a USB pen drive of at least 8 GB?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No.what you mean by pen drive.I can use a USB flash drive in the computer
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago

Yes a but it needs at least 8 GB

Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago

If you have one backup all important data in the flash USB drive because it will be deleted to create the instllation media.

BTW this process needs to be done in other computer, cannot be made on a cellphone or tablet

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have a 32GB flash drive.Where do you want to insert it.In the computer I am using now?
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago

yes, in the computer and save all important data on it to the computer., the flash drive ill be deleted to create the bootable media

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I don't know what you mean.My computer is iMac. This is my main computer.I don't want to erase or interfere with this main computer.I can use the USB drive in.?what do you suggest.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
It is a new USB drive and has no data in it.
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago

For mac its a bit dificult because it is an exe, for mac you willhave to download an iso then create the bootable usb using another software

Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago

If you want download it and then i connect to your mac and create the bootable media

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
What do you mean.What do I download?
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago

I was checking and its not possible from a mac to download from the official site because it is an exe file and macs does not support exe files

Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago

need a windows computer

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have windows in my mac.Is it worth using windows in my mac to download what you require.I have not used it for a long time.
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago

If you can try, I have no problem, Ill just ask you for a little patience, this is a stressful process.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I know it is is stressful.I will try and contact Toshiba to help me.I made the fundamental mistake when setting up.Thanks for your help.Obviously you cant't help me as I have 2 different systems.thanks for your help.Can you lease refund my pay pal amounts I paid you.
Laptop technician: Elgin Vega,
 replied 22 days ago

Use this link to get a full refund

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Have a nice day.

Bye.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer