Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I am trying to find a product code that will allow me to get…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find a product code that will allow me to get load Microsoft office. Right now I have something called “open office”. At this point I can’t get internet on the laptop

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your laptop?

I think it does

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

Solid- Ethernet, broadband, service

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Blinking: WiFi, phone 1

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/28/2018
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
OpenOffice is not from Microsoft but you can use it for free and forever and open most today’s Office documents with the same or similar experience. However, if you have the license to access your genuine copy of Office, I can help you find it and activate it.
Will activating Office return me to my original named files or data that was on the laptop before I was locked out? Will I have to create a UN and PW?
There is nothing to do with your existing Office document. They should be always intact as they were whatever which Office suite you use, Microsoft Office or OpenOffice. Programs are programs, documents are documents, they are different things though you do need a program to open related docuement. Make sense please? Thanks.