Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My laptop keeps asking me to enter HDD/Sspp. Toshiba

Customer Question
My laptop keeps asking...

My laptop keeps asking me to enter HDD/Sspp

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Toshiba Satellite L655-S5150.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?

Windows 7

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Laptop
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
HHD/SSD password
3/26/2018
Laptop technician: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 29 days ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Does anyone else have access, or use your computer?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
It was my sons computer when he was in school
It say this at start up
Laptop technician: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 28 days ago

Have you checked with him to see if he set a password?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
How would you be able to connect to it,when I can't get into it at all.....
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I'm on my ipad right now

You may disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok

Have you checked with your son to see if he set a password?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
He doesn't remember

Okay, well this type of password ***** be very difficult to defeat. Are you able to access the BIOS to possibly check if the HDD password ***** be disabled?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Where would I find it

Turn off your laptop. Wait 30 seconds and turn your laptop back on and as it is starting, Press F2 key about once per second until the BIOS menu screen appears.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
It shows main,security,power,management,advance,boot,and exit

Try security first.

Do you see any indication of the BIOS version?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No sir
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Now it keeps shutting down

After you have entered the BIOS?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Before

Power it off for a minute and try again.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok it's not working thanks for everything
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
How do I cancel the subscription .
Dan, Computer Support Specialist