Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

OP. HP LAPTOP WINDOWS 10 NEED HELP IN GETTTING STARTED WITH…

Customer Question
HP LAPTOP WINDOWS 10...

HP LAPTOP WINDOWS 10 NEED HELP IN GETTTING STARTED WITH IT. sTAPLES SET IT UP FOR ME BY PUTTING IN MY USER NAME, USER PASSWORD, AND THEN ATTEMPTED TO PUT IN NAME THAT OUTLOOK WILL USE. LAPTOP ASKS FOR PASSWORD, I HAVE NO IDEA ON WHERE TO GET THIS.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

HELP ME TO GET HP LAPTOP TO WORK. I AM C URRENLY USING A O YEAR OLD COMPAQ TO COMMUNICATE. THE NEW LAPTOP CANNOT BE USED, THAT IS WHY I AM ON HEL SITE.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Laptop
3/27/2018
Laptop technician: Richard, Laptop Specialist replied 29 days ago
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Thanks for your Question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is the laptop asking for the password ***** you first turn it on?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
LAPTOP IS MODEL HP 15bs061st 156 (ref staples sales ticket. op sys is windows 10. you cannot connect to laptop as it is not yet set up to connect to internet, problem is that laptop isasking for apassword ***** entering an email address used to search internet for email. laptop already has my user name and user password ***** it. it is now asking for email name which I have put in, and then asks for password, which I have no idea what it might be, this message is coming from my old computer which will be replaced by new laptop when I can get it to work, /the alternative is for me to return new laptop to staples for credit and by a different model, I do not understand why HP has put this road block in the way of setting the new laptop up. I may choose to not select HP and go with a different maker.
James Strohecker ***@******.*** 3/27/2018 1127 am EASTERN TIME

ok, then there is no way to reset this online as you used an internal account, not an email address as the sign in.

In this situation you have to reinstall windows, there is no way to get around this. It will remove all your data and return the computer to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole point of the security.

To do this, hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and with it held down, click on the power icon on the screen then restart.

Keep shift held down until it has restarted and your at a menu.

Choose from this menu, Troubleshoot, then Reset My PC.

You will have to choose to remove all your files for this to work.

Let this complete and once it has, you will need to setup your computer again just like when you first received it.

Let me know please how you go.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I do not understand why HP is charging for helping customers get their purchased items to work for the first time. My new laptop is not yet operational and I hope that HP will stand behind their product line and guarantee that the laptop will work. The laptop that I have bought will not currently work. There is no data in the laptop. It came with windows 10 in it. If it is to be reloaded, I have to return it to staples, as I cannot connect it to you or any body else. should I return it? Staples technical support could not fix it either, and left it up to me. Since I do not have the password ***** the laptop requires, I can do nothing except return it to staples for credit and buy another laptop, based on the bad experience I have had with HP, it will probably be a different brand, Do not charge me for this so called service, as the laptop should be guaranteed to work, and so far, it does not work, and is completely useless to me.James Strohecker ***@******.*** 3/27/2018 1137am Eastern Time

Sorry but to clarify, as I just sent you the instructions to solve this, now you have this you want a refund James? So you do not need to pay for the solution?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ok, I will return it to staples. You cannot give me the password, and I have no where else to get it, so it is no good to me.
I cannot give you the serial numbet, as it is on the bottom, and with my eyesight, I cannot read it.So this will be it as this is a nothing but a useless piece of junk to me. Please inforn our management of this problem. In the past HP has had a good reputation going back to WWII when I first encountered HP test equipment, but this experience has been nothing but a big fat pain where the sun doesn't shine,James StroheckerJames Strohecker

I gave you the instructions to do James..

I will repeat

Let me know please how you go.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
As I said, there is no data in the computer. I do not have a copy of windows 10. I cannot connect to Microsoft or anybody else. The computer cannot do anything because of the roadblock in the setting up process.

Are you seeing my message to you James? May I kindly ask you carefully read the instructions and do this?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
there is nothing I can do as I just said. I do not have windows 10 software. the computer came with it. I do not have any data in the computer and cannot get beyond the initial setup. I cannot load anything, be it data or programs, or operating system.

You can do the instructions I sent you twice James.... not sure why you keep ignoring them then reply to me is there anything you can do....

I'll repeat them a third time below

Will you please do me a favor and read and do the instructions?

At the password ***** hold the SHIFT key on the keyboard and with it held down, click on the power icon on the screen then restart.

Let me know please how you go.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ok I held down shift key and then it power switch in upper left corner. no chart came up. just the start up menu. By the way, it would be helpful if HP PUT OUT AN INSRUCTION BOOK with their products.As an experiment, after logging in with my user name and password, I replaced the internet name and loss of password ***** and put in my original user name and password, and computer went on beyond the original point. So let me continue and see how I make out with this. So I will sign off for now and will see what happens with a trial data load, etc. With the lack of instructions, I apparently was putting in thre wrong data on the screen that was giving me fits. Anyway, thanks for your lrd help, and I will try and do things or return this to staples if needed.James Strohecker

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you

Richard, Laptop Specialist