Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My charging cord is faulty. I have been having problems for…

Customer Question
My charging cord is...

My charging cord is faulty. I have been having problems for a couple of months that's the only thing we can figure out . I got my laptop last July. Is this under warrenty?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Asus and Microsoft 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?

My granddaughter went through it and that was the only thing she could figure out. The last update for windows wouldn't load properly.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/26/2018
Laptop technician: Domijones Manalo, System Administrator replied 3 months ago
Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo, System Administrator

Hi!

Thank you for your question. I am Domijones and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

If you just purchased it last July, then it's still under warranty. You should send it to the store from where you bought it immediately. They will replace it because I believe that chargers are not being repaired.

Regarding the Windows updates, if you're having an issue like it's not loading properly, kindly follow the procedure below.

1. Simultaneously press the Win+ R keys to open the run command box.
2. Type the following command and press OK.

• services.msc

3. From the list of services, at the right pane locate the Windows Update service.
4. Right click on "Windows Update"service and choose Stop. *
5. Close "Services" window.

* Note: If you cannot stop the Windows Update service, then:

a. Double click on it to open its Properties.
b. Set the Startup type to Disabled and click OK.
c. Restart you computer.
d. After restart, continue to the next step.

6. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows folder.
7. Locate and then Delete the SoftwareDistribution folder. *

8. Restart your computer.
9. After the restart, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security.
10. Check for updates and install them.

Thank you.
Domijones