Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My video links in stories, emails and Facebook are zooming…

Customer Question
My video links in...

My video links in stories, emails and Facebook are zooming in to where they are unrecognizable. The audio is fine. I tried zooming out but that does not work.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Facebook?

My apps update automatically

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Can I send a document with an example of the problem.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
3/26/2018
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 1 month ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

> My video links in stories...

What do you mean by "stories"?

> video links .. are zooming in to where they are unrecognizable.

Can you please upload a screenshot showing the exact, original error message? Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I typed a reply on my laptop and I use the add files option to upload a WordPad picture of the problem. However it doesn’t appear to be sending.

Do you mean you have captured the required screenshot but just can't upload it to JustAsnswer site?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing happens when I click “send”.

mmmm, can you please (1) clean all cookies and try again, or (2) try using another web browser?

Thanks for your effort anyway.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am trying with IE instead of Chome. I am adding the wordpad doc that shows the video as played and the cursor on the timeline that shows what should be playing.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tried two times to send the document. Got the following error each time on your website.
We're sorry – an unknown error occurred. Please try again.

Oh, do not use IE, it is a discontinued product and not well compatible with most today's sites based on HTML 5 with dynamic content. Yes, please use Chrome, always. Thanks.

What's the file format to be upload? If it is not common formats such as .doc, .xls or .txt, please compress the file into ZIP format before uploading it. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Trying again with Chrome. Zipped the file and trying again.

Well received. Thanks for the effort mate.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The file picture shows what the video is playing and the cursor on the timeline shows what the full screen should be. I should also mention that Youtube plays fine.

Do you mean the video clip can be play but the picture is blurred while audio is okay?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Like the screen shot shows it zooms into the very center of the video. But it is playing the video and the audio works.

Interesting. But technically, it should be a decoding or decoder issue. Did other video clips work well on the SAME site before (of course with the same Chrome browser)?

BTW, please provide the full link of the given link and let me try the same link from my Chrome browser running under Windows as well. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sending video screenshot with URL of time of the video. This is a different video from a Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/AmericaVersusbyattn/videos/1797696843871900/?t=12

The video can be correctly played from my side in both Windows and Mac. It should be an decoder or add-on issue. Please

(1) reset Chrome to the default setting.

(2) if not helped, disable all existing add-on of your Chrome.

Please let me know how it works. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
By all of the add-ons do you mean the extensions?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are the add-ons the extensions?

Oh, yes. those listed HERE.

Sorry for using different terminology.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Back to default settings. Still bad. Removed all extensions. Rebooted. Still bad.

Please try two more things:

1. If you are running Windows 10, please try using Edge to visit the same link. I guess it should be okay for Edge.

2. If Edge doesn't work as well, I have to speculate if some restrictions applied on your network. Where are you at the moment? Are you staying on a corporate network or accessing the Internet from a cafe or library or school network?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Same on Edge. It is the same on IE. I am at home on my network. I don't have any problems on my iPhone or iPad. My wife or son also are having no problems.

Then this does indicate something wrong at system level - the Windows and its applications. Can I have a list of all applications installed on your computer. You can find the list under Control Panel > Programs and Features. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That was what I figured which was why I started with Toshiba support.
I attached three snips of programs in date order so you can see what was most recently changed. I think the problem began over a month ago but not last year. I have tinkered with it at times for some weeks.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to retire for the night. If you come up with anything, the text messages have been working. I am curious how exposed I might be now that all of my add-ons are gone. Some of them were my Norton security.
Outside at the moment. Will review. Good night for now and update you tomorrow.
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer