Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My home computer SNNXMZ8A0106220AE3E6600 WILL NOT LET ME…

My home computer...

My home computer SNNXMZ8A0106220AE3E6600 WILL NOT LET ME ACCESS ANY WINDOWS programs. the message is "windows cannot access the specific drive you may not have appropriate permission to access them How do I correct this

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and version of Windows of your laptop?

Windows 10 which the computer came with Windows home & office from microsoft

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Microsoft? Have you installed any updates recently?

I don't think so but I may have. I'm not the best on computers. Kapersky runs regular scans . I tried to open the fix me stick for anything they may have missed but I can't open it either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I am connecting with you from my office computer

3/23/2018
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator
I am not on my home computer but at the office. I would need to go upstairs to my home computer and turn it on It would take less than 5 minutes. also I would like to know why it only happens on my home computer

go here to connect me; https://tinyurl.com/ya48kbw2
This will download a file named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client
Double click on this file to run it and connect me remotely.

Hi you will be working on my home computer and not this one correct

connect me to the one having issues... you closed the chat

I did go up to my apartment and turn my home computer on . But since it won't open any programs how am I going to connect with you?

go to start menu > search msconfig.exe and open it > go to boot tab > select safe and network
click ok and restart

I am now on my home computer and it seems to be working but is there a check you could do to see what the problem was or if there are more