Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My computer won't boot. In safe mode, it is stuck in

Customer Question
My computer won't boot...

My computer won't boot. In safe mode, it is stuck in windows\32\CLASSPNP

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Lenovo T460s

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

IT's a Thinkpad, T460s Ultrabook. Shuld be WIndows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ThinkPad? Have you installed any updates recently?

NO recent updates though I hear this is a problem that seems to be happening with frequency

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/23/2018
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

> Shuld be WIndows 7

Please check HERE to see Windows 7 startup screen. Do you see the same logo at powering up?

It stays there forever. I've tried loading in Safe Mode and Safe Mode for Networking. It gets hung up once the files load down to CLASSPNP. I understand this is happening with frequency, some suggesting changing the ATI files but I cannot get to an advanced screen in BIOS

> Yes. It stays there forever

Do you mean you confirm it is Windows 7, and in normal mode, the logo will stay there forever at startup?

You need to repair your Windows using a genuine Windows 7 disc. Do you have the disc?

i do not

Please go to below site to download a genuine Windows 7

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows7

Do you have a Windows 7 product key?

Tell you what. Forget it. Waited all day for you to ask me questions? Thanks but no thanks. I’ll have it repaired as I’ve found the resolution. No more questions and certainly no good review either.
Laptop technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 3 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If you still want help, you may have to restore your thinkpad to factory defaults, reinstalling windows and fixing the system, but erasing all your files. The page below will guide you through the process.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/restore-thinkpad-factory-defaults-42801.html

If you have any further questions or concerns let me now

Dustin S