Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

The new battery will not work. It is like the laptop does…

The new battery will...

The new battery will not work. It is like the laptop does not recognize it is there. All I get is a black screen

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

I'm a internet dummy, where do you find that

Technician's Assistant: Does your laptop make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?

There are lights on now but when I put the new battery in there are no lights

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Thanks for your Question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you mean when there is no battery in the Laptop it will start but as soon as you put a battery in it it will not start?

Please let me know

It is a new battery and when I put it in the screen goes blank

when there is no battery in the Laptop does it then start?

Richard, Laptop Specialist

Please provide me the phone number to call you on

If I try that and the screen goes blank will I lose you?

This is the one you need, it matches the power requirements

https://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-PA3817U-1BRS-PA3818U-1BRS-Laptop-Battery/dp/B0040UGYKQ

Richard,
That text you sent is for a battery with the 4400 mAh not the 48 wh that I need

It is, look on the description

• Battery Type: 6-cell Li-ion; Voltage: 10.8V; Capacity/Energy Storage: 4400mAh/48Wh