Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My curser wont move, and now has disappeared. Acer N15Q1.

My curser wont move...

My curser wont move, and now has disappeared.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Acer N15Q1

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Acer product?

Ctl. alt delete....F2 cant do much without a curser

Technician's Assistant: What TCL model do you have? How old is it?

5 yr. old whats TCL

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

What TV menu

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been an issue with your TCL? What happened right before this?

This is a laptop

3/22/2018
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Are you using the touch pad to move the mouse pointer?

It might be difficult for me to remote into your computer if you have no mouse control. Do you have an external mouse you can connect temporarily?

Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Just have touchpad. Husband just went out to buy mouse

Okay. When you have that connected, I will remote in and see if I can get your touch pad working again.

Okay. I did Fn. f7. Touchpad is on

Okay. Just let me know when you have your mouse connected and I will send you the remote link.

OMG. It just started working again! I’m on driver support page now and says one out of date driver and 24 optimization problems ?? Would that be the cause maybe

Very possibly. That is what I can check if you still want me to.

Now that you have your mouse back, would you like me to remote in and check it?

I updated the out of date driver that said it had something to do with mouse. Did a scan and said everything up to date. So I’ll see how it goes. What can you find out if you check it too

As long as you have it working and will have an external mouse to use if it happens again, you are probably good and I won't need to check it.

Thank you !

My pleasure.

Dan. It disappeared again !!!

It still may be a driver issue?

Try restarting and see if that helps.

Rebooted twice. No curser

Do you have your external mouse yet?

just unwrapped.
Just plugged in Have a curser now
Can you fix touchpad?

Provided there is nothing physically wrong with it.

Unfortunately I already started the refund process for the remote service. If you would like me to connect, you will need to request Premium Service again.

If you are okay using the new mouse, then I am too!

I want to use the touch pad

Can you request Premium Service again then?

Where

There should be a request for that on the page you are on?

Nope says I already accepted remote assistance

Okay give me a minute and I will resolve it on my end.

Thanks

Please click on the LINK below. Click I Agree on the disclaimer page and a small program will download to your computer. Click on it and allow it to run then follow the instructions to complete the remote link. You must be currently logged into and chatting with me from the computer you need assistance with.

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO PROCEED

I’m chatting with you on phone. How do I find you on computer

You will need to go to www.justanswer.com from the computer and sign in there.

Okay. I’m on just answer tech support. How do I find you

You should have a login that will take you right to your question.

You have to let me have control please!

It downloaded now says open secure remote assist client file. Where is it

Let me know when your computer has restarted and I will reply back as soon as possible.

It’s still initializing. A pointer has popped up at top of screen but won’t move with touchpad. I’ll let you know
The system restored and restarted. The pointer is back and working with touchpad. Thank you !

Glad to hear it. Have a nice day!