Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My page has been all scrunch to the left of the page. Is…

Customer Question
My page has been...

My page has been all scrunch to the left of the page. Is this the beta program? If so I want it back the way is was yesterday. i find this page very annoying.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Acer E15

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

This happened once before - a few months ago actually - and I accidently touched a top right indicator that said 'beta', and it switched back to my normal screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to get this back to the way it was 1/2 hr. ago. thanks.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/22/2018
Laptop technician: TaylorTech, Lead Technician / Owner replied 3 months ago
TaylorTech
TaylorTech, Lead Technician / Owner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

What program are you referring to?

I'm referring to my email program, and don't like to may it is playing. See my original question. I'm using Firefox and have no other browser programs. Now, since I contacted you, I'm getting a message that my IP information has been used without my knowledge, and my system has been 'locked up'?? And now my MC has two pending charges, and I haven't had any answers to my problem. What is going on???Jean

Firstly there was zero reference to firefox, just to clarify so I had no way of know what you are talking about.

It sounds like you may have virus activity going on... Namely a browser hijacker trojan....

I need you to download malwarebytes to your computer and install it. HERE

Run a full system scan and let me know if any red items are found.

Then quarantine the found items after the scan completes

Restart when prompted and look for changes as far as the messages are concerned

We will address the beta issue afterwards

Michael, I haven't been ignoring you, but I've been trying to install Malwarebytes for a couple of hours now. It downloaded OK, but I don't recall a program taking over an hour to install. It's 11 p.m. here, and I've had it for now. I'll try again in the a.m.
Thank you so much for your patience, and help.Jean

No problem at all, thats very strange indeed but if you do have a virus this would be consistent behavior for the browser...

I would highly suggest that we do a remote session so I can deploy my tools from my end IF you cannot get Malwarebytes to open.... If you can, thats great.... Your very welcome Jean, I am only here to help you...

Michael, I've given up on that installing program for the moment. I do have to get downtown for the afternoon, so I'll check in with you again later. Sorry for all this 'stuff'. I may even look at a new laptop, as this on is continually popping up with some problem or another. As you can guess, I'm not computer literate, and I think I really don't want to be. Thank you again for your patience.Jean

I can fix your computer, i dont want you to spend money for no reason when I can take care of it very quickly

i am not that busy, I am willing to do the remote session within this price instead

I am in the business of helping people not robbing people