Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My laptop is saying time to replace battery - I am in South…

Customer Question
My laptop is saying...

My laptop is saying time to replace battery - I am in South Aust - can I get one in SA or do you post from interstate? My battery was faulty when I bought the Laptop nearly 6 years ago and only lasted weeks.Is this the big power part used to charge it - or the battery inside the laptop?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Toshiba, Satellite C850-

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?

Computer has had a virus in it and had to be cleaned and reset up twice since November

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I thought it was the one inside the laptop that I had sent from Sydney 2 weeks after purchasing it. But I do have a spare fat one that plugs in to charge it daily - so this must have been the part already replaced over 5 years ago.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/22/2018
Laptop technician: Moses C,
 replied 4 months ago
Moses C

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

you can purchase the battery from anywhere in the world all you have to check if it has international warranty or not

Laptop technician: Moses C,
 replied 4 months ago

is the laptop new or how old is it?

sorry - -not signing up for any more help - already been with 2 x USA companies and now local SA company which has cost me $1000. Its only the battery needs replacing. I wil ring Toshiba direct to have part sent to me
thanks
I do not need your assistance. I have paid $1000-00 for that already since November - I only need to purchase from Toshiba a battery - nothing else
Laptop technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 3 months ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi do you require further assistance?