Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

It’s with my Toshiba TV and my Amazon Firestick. I cannot…

Customer Question
It’s with my Toshiba...

It’s with my Toshiba TV and my Amazon Firestick. I cannot calibrate the display.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Toshiba TV?

Just the HDMI Amazon Firestick,

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No. I had this problem with previously but lived with it. As this is a second tv I haven’t been so focused on it. I just plugged it all back in and now I wish I could fix it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so. I think this is it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/22/2018
Laptop technician: Richard, Laptop Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Thanks for your Question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you mean you see no picture coming from the Amazon Firestick on the TV?

Did it work at all before?

Please let me know

Thank you

Everything works fine but I cannot calmarte the fire stick display so that it’s not zoomed slightly in. The gray arrows are halfway cutoff as opposed to the points touching the edge. Fire stick says to change the aspect ratio or zoom or something on the display from the tv. I tried that but it zooms wider. Natural and full are other options but they look the same and are the slightly zoomed in display. Does this make sense?

Thanks

What is the make and model of the TV?

Thanks

Follow the steps here please to adjust the picture size which should correct this for you

https://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=2815030

Let me know please how you go

Richard, unfortunately I read those instructions from the manual already. Clearly my 2008 TV is behind the times of the Amazon Firestick as none of the picture options calibrate. Besides buying a new tv are there other options?

Did the screen size change at all when doing that?

The screen size zoomed even more for theater but natural and full were exactly the same zoomed in so that I’m missing about an inch or so around.

Have you done a full reset of the Firestick already?