Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a toshiba TV that uses a remote: CT-90302. My problem…

HI, I have a...

HI, I have a toshiba TV that uses a remote: CT-90302.

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have? How old is it?

My problem is that i can't do a channel scan.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu button works but there is no function for auto channel scan , I can punch in selected channels. bith without the scan function, there is no locking in the channels as would be expected from an auto scan.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Toshiba? What happened right before this?

Since I bought it several years ago. I didn;t notice this at first because I ran a cable input into the TV. But when I started using an ANTENNA, I need the TV to do a proper channel scan.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have several TV's of different makes and all of them have an auto scan function in the setup. What am I missing here.?

3/21/2018
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Could you tell me the model number of the tv itself please?

It's a TOSHIBA
and it came with this original remote: CT-90302 that apparently is compatible with several toshiba models. The set is several years old and I would like to hook up an external
ANTENNA but I need to know how to do a channel scan using the remote. Thanking u in advance.
no thanks to the secure remote assistance offer.

Thank you for the info,

I understand what you're trying to do, but I'm asking if you can give me the model number of the actual television itself please, rather than the remote

OK, I'll try to get that for u. May take a minute.

Thanks, ***** ***** on a sticker on the back of the tv

Hi, sorry for the wait.
It looks like the model no. was stuck on with sticky tape. and a good portion was rubbed off.
but the first 3 digits read 40F

Okay, as a next step take that toshiba remote, press the INPUT (source) button, and set the input mode to TV (not hdmi, video, etc)\

then go into the toshiba MENU, then to Channels, set the type to air/antenna (not cable) then run the channel auto scan/search function from there.

OK, I can try that right no. Please wait.
Well. not working. I put it in ANTENNA mode but theres no function for channel scan.

On the same page where you set the input type (antenna/cable),

it should show an option for channel scan, search, program, auto program, etc

There's the rub. there is no auto scan search to run.
No, it does not.

And you are sure the input mode was set to tv (not hdmi, video, etc)?

Is there any other model info there you can make out? Without that we are kind of stuck

well, there's no TV select on this remote or when punching up the INPUT button.
WAIT. I may have found it at the bottom of the remote.
LET me try ONE more tine. PLEASE wait.

Okay if you can't find that,

then go into the menu under Setup, then to Installation, and it will restart the initial setup process from there which includes the scan function

Nathan, thank u for your due diligence o this matter. I believe I will give up trying
for today. but will keep all of your suggestions in mind.
T"HANK U
and have a great day.:)

You're very welcome!

If by chance none of that works, then we may be looking at a hardware fault or memory chip defect in the tv.

In that case, as repairs would not be feasible (it would be cheaper to buy a new tv), you could just hook up an external tuner to the tv instead, like this: http://amzn.to/2HP8VOY

Best regards,

Nathan, Systems Manager