Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a ROKU. I want to connect to Netflix & cannot

Customer Question
I have a ROKU. I...
I have a ROKU. I want to connect to Netflix & cannot.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/21/2018
Laptop technician: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 4 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Good evening! Are you seeing an error when you try and connect to Netflix? If no, can you tell me more about what is happening?

Message states: connection failed to Netflix

I see. Do you know which model of ROKU you have?

ROKU EXPRESS.. I already paid 29.00 for it 2/27/17. I have receipt. & have used it maybe 3 times!!!!

Gotcha! Has Netflix ever worked on your ROKU, or are you trying to set it up for the first time?

have watched twice on Netflix. Game of Cards
Fine, but think it’s a piece of junk for what I paid!!!!
Laptop technician: syseng, Information Systems Manager replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Manager

My name is David.

Occasionally memory errors occur in network devices that cause this type of problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then reboot your computer after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.