Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have AcerChromebook 15,I can scan but I cannot print,by…

Customer Question
I have AcerChromebook 15,I...

I have AcerChromebook 15,I can scan but I cannot print,by the way my printer is Canon PIXMA MG2522

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your Pixma when you try to scan?

I don't know ,actually it is my first time to use printer

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

No not yet updated

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Is it possible that I can print with my Chromebook?

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Laptop
3/20/2018
Laptop technician: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 30 days ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

The Acer ChromeBook does not connect to the printer like a normal Windows computer would. You have to use a feature on the Chromebook called Google Cloud Print.

I can give you the steps to set that up or I can do it for you remotely if you want. Just let me know.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
could you give the steps to set

yes, give me a moment please.

To print with Google Cloud Print, you need to get Google account and register the printer with Google Cloud Print in advance.

If you already have Google account, register the printer.

Getting Google Account

First, get your Google account in order to register the printer with Google Cloud Print.

Access to Google Cloud Print with the web browser on the computer or the mobile device, then register the required information.

* The screen above may change without prior notice.

Registering the Printer with Google Cloud Print

Register the printer with Google Cloud Print.

The authentication procedure using the web browser on the computer or the mobile device is required in the process of registering.

Important

• LAN connection with the printer and Internet connection are required to register the printer and to print with Google Cloud Print. Internet connection fees apply.
  • If the printer's owner changes, delete the printer from Google Cloud Print.
  1. Make sure that the printer is turned on

2. Remote UI startup

3. Select Google Cloud Print setup -> Register with Google Cloud Print

Note

• If you have already registered the printer with Google Cloud Print, the confirmation message to re-register the printer is displayed.
  4. When the confirmation screen to register the printer is displayed, select Yes

5. In the print setup for Google Cloud Print, select the display language, and then select Authentication.

6. When the registration completion message appears, select OK.

1. Launch Google Chrome on the computer attached to the same network as the printer. Make sure you are signed into your Google account within Chrome as on the Chromebook.

2. Click the Menu button.

3. Click Settings.

4. Type "cloud print" into the search field.

5. Select Manage Cloud Print devices.
6. Click Add printers. This will allow you to connect your Google Account to the Google Print service.

7. Click Add printer(s).8. Select Manage Your Printers. This will take you to Google Print.

9. Select Printers from the menu on the left. Here you’ll see a list of printers connected to the computer you are using.

When you print something from the Chrome browser, these printers will appear as output destinations.

Set up a Cloud-Ready Printer

If you have a cloud-connected printer, setup instructions vary by the brand of your printer. Don’t worry, Google has provided step-by-step instructions for every printer manufacturer with cloud-enabled hardware.

1. Follow steps 1 - 8 above.

2. Select Add a Cloud Ready Printer from the menu on the left side. This will take you to a Google Print page with instructions for cloud-enabled printers built by Canon, Dell, Epson, HP and Kodak.

3. Find the manufacturer of your printer and follow the instructions to set up Google Print.

How to Print Using Google Print

1. Select the menu icon in the top-right corner of the Chrome Web browser.

2. Choose Print from the drop-down menu.

3. Click Change... under Destination within the menu on the left side

4. Pick the destination printer that works best for you.

5. Tweak settings such as Page Range, Page Layout/Orientation, Margins, etc.

6. Select Print from the options on the left side.

did that work for you?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
No need only my question was if my AcerChromebook is suitable fo printer, nothing more nothing less,you gave already the answer, thats why i agree with the amount of $5,because we want to buy a laptop,no further question,Why you charged me for 39$,please no
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
No, thanks, ***** ***** we will buy a laptop suitable to print,
Okay, thank you!
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech