Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I bought a TOSHIBA laptop about 2 years ago and used it for…

Customer Question
I bought a TOSHIBA...

I bought a TOSHIBA laptop about 2 years ago and used it for about 4-6 months and then it sat idle. During that time I misplaced my password ***** have tried a number of times and many many passwords to get in with no luck

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Toshiba?

Satellite C55 Intel core 13 with 4GB

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?

No updates. I tried a couple of things that I found on line but nothing worked.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of, I just need to be able to get in and change my password ***** the future. The computer itself has been fine. I am the problem. Our son is on his second TOSHIBA laptop so we like the product.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/20/2018
Laptop technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 3 months ago
Jeevan DSouza

What Operating system do you use on the Toshiba laptop?

Intel
Laptop technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 3 months ago

Do you use Windows 7 or 10?

10
Laptop technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 3 months ago
  • If you forgot your Microsoft account password, follow these steps.
  • If you don’t have a Microsoft account and forgot your local account password, you can’t recover it. Instead, you’ll need to reset your PC.

• Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings.

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.

• While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.

• On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.

• Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Laptop technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 3 months ago

If this solves the problem, please give me a 5-star rating!

Is there a way to undo the above if executed
Laptop technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 3 months ago

No - you cannot undo the above, so you must save everything before you reset your PC.

Laptop technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 3 months ago

You might also want to try this:

• On the sign-in screen, type your Microsoft account name if it's not displayed. If there are multiple accounts on the PC, choose the one to reset.
  • Select I forgot my password below the password ***** box.
  • On the Recover your account screen, type the characters displayed in the box below Enter the characters you see, then select Next.
  • On the Verify your identity screen, choose to receive your security code either as a text or email message. If you choose text, type the last four digits of your phone number, and then select Send code. Learn more about security info and security codes.
  • When you get the code as a text or email message on a separate device, enter it and then select Next.
  • On the Reset your password ***** create a new password, and then select Next. This sets your new password. Select Next again to return to the sign-in screen.
  • Sign in with your new Microsoft account password.
Will this eliminate my email account and require setting up a new email account?
Laptop technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 3 months ago

This will not eliminate your email account.