Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

When I tried to enter password on homescreen, it says it is…

Customer Question
When I tried to...

When I tried to enter password ***** homescreen, it says it is wrong. When I click on forgot password, it tells me "something went wrong. try again later"

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Hp laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

Where can I find model number?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have tried to power down and start over. It ran an automatic update yesterday. After the update, the issue started.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Laptop
The homescreen says your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password ***** on this device. The Model is HP RTL8723BE. It has intel core i3 processor and is running Windows 10, I believe.
3/19/2018
Laptop technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 5 months ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is it on the login screen of your laptop that it is saying OFFLINE ?

OFFLINE means that your laptop is not connected to your Wi-Fi.

Click the Wi-Fi icon (leftmost of the 3) in the lower right corner of the screen to open it up.

Locate your Wi-Fi network name and Connect to it.

Your password ***** ***** over the internet and if the laptop is OFFLINE, your password ***** fail.

Once you are sure you are connected to the internet, try your password *****