Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have an Aspire E15 E5-575G-53VG. I opened the case and…

I have an Aspire...

I have an Aspire E15 E5-575G-53VG. I opened the case and nothing happened (black screen). I had been using it a few minutes before. It had been plugged in and charging. I plugged the charger back in and got nothing, although the orange charging LED was lit as well as the the blue LED next to it. As I tried things and started looking on the internet for ideas, the orange charging light turned blue. I tried putting a small paper clip into the small hole in back, but nothing happened. As it stands now, the left blue LED is lit but it does not respond at all. I don't hear the fan running. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Bob

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Aspire?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

No. I'll see if I can find one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so, thanks.

3/19/2018
Pete, Computer Expert

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hi Pete,
When I received your message, I tried the computer again and it seems to be working fine now. I think for some reason the battery completely discharged in only a an hour or so. Earlier I had turned the computer over and stick a pin in the little hole. I also held that way while I held the on button down. I don't know if that did anything, but when I plugged the charger in just now it was totally discharged. I guess it's fixed. How do you change the battery in this computer?
No thanks I'm good.

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site and not by me.

Glad to hear all is working fine again!

To replace the battery will require unscrewing the bottom cover of your Aspire laptop.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Computer Expert