Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Cannot connect to netflix via remote smart 50" toshiba 2014.

Customer Question
Cannot connect to netflix...

Cannot connect to netflix via remote smart 50" toshiba 2014

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Toshiba?

50L3400u

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, software for firmware. Using the original software on TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not to my knowledge

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/19/2018
Laptop technician: Richard, Laptop Specialist replied 4 months ago
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Thanks for your Question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Did it work before and just stopped working?

Please let me know

it worked until last friday. It shows that I am not connected to internet, but my lap top works on netflix

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket) and the wifi router

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wifi router, then the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I did exactly as you told me and it did not work. Appreciate your time. I do not want any further help as I will now replace the Toshiba TV. Please stop my free trial and do not bill me for the basic coverage as I have no further need for your servie. Thanks for your help.Cliff

This problem can be resolved wiithout purchasing a new TV Cliff... purchasing a new TV is a very expensive way to solve this issue, any membership questions you need to speak to customer service about. You can also speak to them about a refund... and indicate the problem was not fixed but you want to buy a new TV instead of resolving it.

I will call your customer service to cancel the basic monthly coverage. Thanks Cliff

ok