Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I purchased a HP Pavillion Laptop with windows 10 recently.

Hi, I purchased a...

Hi, I purchased a HP Pavillion Laptop with windows 10 recently. I cannot get into it because I have forgotten the password.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

No. I just got it setup when I put it on the first time and it went to the login screen after I had a break from it. Microsoft Office is not installed yet.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I want to know how to get passed the login screen so I can change the password ***** make sure I remember it

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. What do you use for a username when you log in?

Please let me know if you still require assistance by responding here and I will reply back as soon as possible.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still need assistance. I am not able to get into my HP Pavilion laptop because I have forgotten my password.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I do not want to pay anything further just give me some suggestions on how to help me. I have not installed anything because it was recently purchased. I need to be able to login in. I have forgotten my password.

You may disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site.

Did you first setup your computer using a Microsoft account as your login?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your help. My issue has been resolved.

My pleasure. Please remember to rate my service, and have a nice day!

Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Dan, Computer Support Specialist