Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Whom do I talk with if I'm having tv problems? Toshiba, not…

Whom do I talk...

Whom do I talk with if I'm having tv problems?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Toshiba, not sure model but it's a smart TV and anout 18 months old. I turned it on when I got home and there's no picture. The audio is fine and the cable is working but no picture. This is the first problem I've had with it!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Would it help if I rebooted the whole system?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't understand, I have to pay for a troubleshooter?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anybody there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anybody there? I have no idea what I'm waiting for.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is anybody there? I have no idea what I'm waiting for. There was no reply.
3/16/2018
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

> The audio is fine and the cable is working but no picture

What is the signal/input source? HDMI, TV, A/V or USB or something else?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HDMI1,
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have to pay you$39 to get my TV fixed?

I guess you saw an offer for a phone call or remote support for an extra $39 USD, this is not from me, by the site automatically. Please ignore it.

Wha't the input device / media source of the HDMI, a computer or game console or BlueRay player?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is not an easy sure to use...

What is the device of the another end of the HDM cable running from HDMI 1 port of the TV?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you there?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cable box
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello?

Do you have any other device having output to HDMI, such as laptop, game console or DVD player?

If yes, replace HDMI 1's input to other device, and test it again. This is to make sure there is no issue from the signal source on video.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope, nothing else.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing else

Try getting one please, e.g. borrowing a laptop having HDMI output. Most laptops of today have HDMI.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The only thing I have is my Kindle

We are remote support, hence we can't bring anything physical for you. :)

Please try getting an HDMI device yourself.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My phone is my proof to the smart TV
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Port

Do you mean you can control your TV to play streaming video using your phone?

If this is the case, you are using HDMI 1. I am confused about your descriptions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I want to stream video, I have to set it on a different output
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there's nothing you can do for me?

Anyway, still no video, only audio, when streaming from your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, there's no picture on the TV, I haven't turned on the smart TV. Nothing you can do without a laptop?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Through my phone
Obviously, if both steaming and HDMI does not show video, it does indicate something wrong with video. Do you see anything on screen once powered on? Such as home screen of the Smart TV?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, nothing, that was my first indication there was problem.
Moreover. do you see any input indicator or symbol when switching input using the remote?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, absolutely nothing on the screen.
Now I can conclude it is a heardware failure of TV. It doesn't alway mean screen itself has been failed as it might be aconnection issue from the control board to the screen.You need to bring it to a local shop for hardware repairing.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I had a feeling that was it, thanks for your help anyway.
You are welcome. Can I ask you kindly rate my service and close the case please?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK
Here you go. Thanks.
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
bbao
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User