Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My Toshiba Satellite P55t-B5360 staying on “Signing out”

Customer Question
My Toshiba Satellite P55t-B5360...

My Toshiba Satellite P55t-B5360 staying on “Signing out” screen

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Satellite?

Windows10

Technician's Assistant: Does your Satellite make any noise when rebooted? Are any of the LED lights on?

No noise, quiet. All three lights on front edge.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Num lock works, lights on or off the screen is blue with the signing out still stuck

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/16/2018
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

> staying on “Signing out” screen

Are you referring something that looks like HERE?

No, I am looking at a circulating dots and below the circle of rotating dots is the two words, Signing out
Unfortunately I don’t have access to the internet. So, if you could do this at another time, or give me instructions. If that’s no a good idea, then I can call back and start this procedure over again.
I am very savvy on computers so I should not have a problem with your written instructions. This problem is pretty common,
Pretty common but no internet answers except to hard boot off. Have tried this to NO success.
Laptop will not hard boot off. Screen goes black, then immediately comes right back to the blue screen with circle of spinning dots with “Signing out” at center of the screen

How do you chat with me? Using a phone?

I cannot get on the internet. I usually use my iPad Pro’s hotspot to connect to the internet
no, Remote assistance will not work
Are you still there???

I am here. Can I know how you are chatting with me? Using an iPad or phone?

I am chatting now on my I Phone8+
I was chatting with you on my iPad Pro

Good, please use the iPhone 8 to take a picture of your Toshiba laptop tp show its current status and what the problem looks like, then upload the picture here. Thanks.

Thank you
If this matters, my mouse curser is working, but with no responses

Thanks for your screenshots!

How long has this situation lasted?

Started last night

I guess it has been nearly or more than 24 hours since that happened.

I think you can now turn off the computer in a forced way. Just keep holding the power button (I can see it at your right hand, close to the computer screen). Once it has been powered off, wait for 1 min, then power it again.

Please let me know how it goes.

I have done this. Leaving it off for a while. This powering it back on, the same screen keeps coming back, no changes. So, here we go, shuttling off now
Waited 90 seconds, the same exact screen is still coming back on. No change

That's means you didn't power it off. Keep holding the power button until you see the screen if blank and the computer is off.

Well kind sir, when I turned it off using the on/off button, top right, I held it for 6 seconds. The internet led front edge of the pc goes off, the center led blinks every 1.5 seconds and the led light far left stays on and it’s color is orange
Ok, I see you did get it

Yes, I got the 3rd picture. Thanks.

How long will this go on, it’s obvious you are having difficulty fixing this problem, it’s been over 1.5 hours. Please advise

I think you haven't powered it off. Which button did you press? The big round button at upper-right corder of the laptop's keyboard?

6 Seconds might be not enough. Just KEEP HOLDING the power button, UNTIL everything is OFF.

My goodness, my finger is sore from pushing the power off button. Did you not understand when I told you I pushed it down fo over six seconds. I agree, the power is not shutting off, but not from trying.

Something wrong here. unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery is removable.

The button on the top right is the power on and power off button.
You might want to rethink that again, or you might want to tell me how to remove the battery on this specific model toshiba

Please check the bottom for battery, not removeable?

I have sent you a picture of the back of this laptop

Okay, a remote session is started. I have to work on this as it is premium services. I opt out and let other experts work on it

Good luck

No, not removable
Ok
Laptop technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Remove everything connected to your laptop(AC Power, USB Disks, Headphones etc). Now hold down the power button on top right hand side of your laptop until it power off. Usually holding it down for 30 seconds will turn it OFF. Please try and let me know the result.

Good day sir,
Jin’s, understand I have done this, but will do all this again. Nothing Is connected to the pc.
I am holding down the power button for thirty seconds as you have instructed. The laptop looks like it’s off. The center led button in the leading edge of the front is slowly flashing on and off. The cycle is 1.5 seconds. It looks like the ps is off. Black screen, all is dead except the front edge of the three led lights. Just the center one is on, but cycling on and off
Awaiting further instructions.
In my opinion, I don’t think the pc is actually turning off. I held the button down as instructed for 30 seconds

After holding down the power button for 30 seconds, is there any LED's blinking?

the center led light is cycling on and off every 1.5 seconds. Would you like me to take a video and send it to you
You will not be able to connect to this computer because It will not power off. I am nowhere near the internet. All I'm getting is this BLUE screen

Ignore the remote support prompt, it's an automated prompt. Please send a video.

Video sent. Did you get it?

Didn't get the video. Please go to www.wikisend.com and upload the video and then give me the download link.

I am not familiar with this format.

If so keep it power ON and allow the battery to drain and power off. Then charge the battery. Turn ON the system and check the result.

There isn't a battery I can get to. I gave you all the numbers available. You still are stumbling around.
I expect you NOT to charge me for your inability to fix this problem

What I meant is you need to keep the computer open and allow the battery drain and turn OFF itself. Don't charge the battery. There is no battery to pull out and holding on the power button not turns the laptop OFF. Then the only work around we can try is that what I said. Allow the system to completely loss the battery charge and OFF.

You should keep an eye on the laptop, because there is a chance for fire. If holding down the power button for several minutes not turning off the system there is some serious problem with power section of the computer and you need to approach the service center to fix it immediately. Before that you can try the draining battery work around.

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Regards

Jins