Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a Chrome book C910. There is a message on it telling…

Customer Question
I have a Chrome...

I have a Chrome book C910. There is a message on it telling me i have a virus and to call a certain number. I cannot get rid of this message.Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

A Chromebook..C910

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

AcerS/N NXEF3AA0055140FF357600

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

About 2 hours. I have spoken to a technician at Eastlink, my service provider, and nothing we tried has worked. We have shut it down, put it back on twice..it keeps coming back.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

How do I get rid of this?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/15/2018
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

> There is a message on it telling me i have a virus and to call a certain number.

Show within the webpage of your Chrome browser?

Can you please show me full screenshot of the message including the browser and its address bar.

Thanks.