Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I would like to clone my HP ENVY 17t-k200 CTO Notebook PC,

Customer Question
Product No. K4T90AV, because I...
I would like to clone my HP ENVY 17t-k200 CTO Notebook PC, Product No. K4T90AV, because I can't find a duplicate for sale. I have backed up the partition, and am looking for a notebook with comparable motherboard, hardware and drivers, compatible with Windows 7, so that I could restore the saved partition to the new notebook. I recognize this is an unusual goal, but my notebook has so much software, and highly-configured settings, that it would be too burdensome a task to start from the ground up with a different system.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/16/2018
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 5 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

> I would like to clone my HP ENVY 17t-k200 CTO Notebook PC

What do you actually want to do? To clone the computer hardware (assemble your one using compatible/used parts), or just clone the hard disk for backup purpose?

I would like to find a notebook whose hard drive could be over-written with a copy of the partition from my HP Envy 17t-k200, such that the hardware and software will function.

> my HP Envy 17t-k200

What's wrong the your current laptop above?

Nothing is wrong. I want to furnish my associate with an identical system, but I cannot find an identical model.

Got it. Now I would like to offer you a phone call to tell you what to do, how to buy (not where to buy), how to assemble etc. Because of the content and topics, it is hard for me to type here. If you agree, please accept my offer. Thanks.

Thank you for the offer. My apologies, but I would prefer a written answer. That will provide me with something to refer to. Thank you for your understanding. Aside from that, I am not able to devote the time for buying individual parts and assembling a notebook. I was hoping there is already an available product which meets the specifications.

> but I would prefer a written answer.

It would an interactive process with you and the answer or suggestion will be given immediately in the context, How could this be written before interaction.

If you do prefer something written, I am more than happy to give you a note to summary the key takeaway for our phone conversation.

Thank you for your offer. Perhaps I have not made the question clear, because it does not require interaction. If there is a notebook, currently available, which has a motherboard and devices whose Windows 7 64-bit drivers are the same as the Envy laptop which I specified, please provide the details. If there is no such product, at least I'll know to stop looking. I hope this will simplify your task.

Sorry, it is too late here I have to sign off. Lets continue tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.Sorry, it is too late here I have to sign off. Lets continue tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.