Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

I have a Satellite C55-B5201 that has booting issues. It

Customer Question

I have a Satellite C55-B5201 that has booting issues. It will only boot 1 to 2 out of ten times. I have tried the hold escape and power, hold Fn+F5+powerand hold escape+F8+Power with no changes. Online everyone seems to think this is hardware related. Since the os will boot at all makes me lean towards software. I'm running 10 pro w/6gigs and a 500gb hd. Any ideas?
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Satellite?
Customer: Windows 10 Pro.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: My machine is set to install automatically. I rolled it back a month with no change.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

This is a hardware fault, caused by failing components on the power supply section of the motherboard.

The laptop will get progressively more difficult to turn on, until it stops turning on at all.

The only reliable fix is to replace the motherboard.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------