Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

It’s my Tv - just snow and “cable “ with picture of antenna…

It’s my Tv -...

It’s my Tv - just snow and “cable “ with picture of antenna on

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Toshiba 42” 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 42"? What happened right before this?

We just put it on - have not used it in a year

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

What should the input connection be

3/14/2018
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model number of your tv?

How are you getting your tv channels? Antenna, basic cable (coax only) or a cable/satellite Box?

Antenna - Toshiba model 40E220U
Thank you Nathan

Okay make sure the antenna cord is connected tight,

press the Input button on the toshiba remote,

make sure it is set to the TV input mode (not hdmi, video, etc)

then press the Menu button, in the toshiba menu go over to Channels.

The type should be set to air/antenna (not cable).

Then choose the Channel Scan/search function to load available channels. It can take several minutes, but when done you should see channels instead of static.

Give me a second I have to set the clock here ugh

Okay

Nathan, Systems Manager