Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My laptop will not let me sign on. It is a Asus with windows…

My laptop will not...

My laptop will not let me sign on

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

It is a Asus with windows 10 that I downloaded sometime back

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?

No I

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to sign on

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/14/2018
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

You may have a pending update blocking your login.

Please hold down the power button on the laptop for 4-5 seconds until you hear it shut off.

After a few seconds, turn it back on.

Does it then go to the login screen or does it start updating?

Goes to password ***** on

Thank you. On the password ***** does it show an email address in small

print in addition to your user name?

Using the area just below this to reply, can you tell me

on the password ***** does it show an email address in small

print in addition to your user name?

it does but it will not let me sign on

Thank you. Please tell me the email address you see on the screen and I can help you reset your password.

Please tell me the email address you see on the screen and I can help you reset your password.

Thank you. One moment please so I can check on this.

In the meantime, on your login screen does it say you are OFFLINE ?

Click the Wi-Fi icon on the screen to open it up.

Look for your Wi-Fi network in the list.

Make sure that you are connected to your Wi-Fi network.

Can you receive text messages at your phone number ending in 34 ?

If so, please tell me the last 4 digits of the number.

Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
My number is(###) ###-####