Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

When I type in my password I get a message saying"the user…

When I type in...

When I type in my password ***** get a message saying"the user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded"

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Toshiba satellite windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, computer reinstalled windows and updated

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. I did just set a new password ***** still get that message

3/14/2018
John, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Are you getting a temporary user account after this message or just blank screen?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Just a blue screen with that message and OK in a box

How many user accounts do you have in this windows 10 computer ?

Just 1

OK first lets try to load to safe mode with networking.Please do the following to do that.

In the bottom right of the windows 10 login screen where it asks for the password ***** can see power icon like shown in the image.
Now click on that power icon and then press and hold Shift key and then click on Restart while holding the shift key. When it starts restarting please release the shift key. That will show a screen which says choose an option. In that screen select Troubleshoot.

Once you are in Troubleshoot screen let me know.

Ok I'm in the troubleshoot

Now select Advanced options then Startup Settings then let me know the options it shows in start up settings.

Restart to change windows options: it lists 7 items. Do you need me to list them all?

Click on restart then you will get the list with which key to press to access the specific mode.

What we need is safe mode with networking i believe its F5

Ok which mode should I select?

We need safe mode with networking i believe its F5 key and see if you can get to safe mode with networking.Let me know.

I have to start over. The screen went black then "just a moment" then back to log in. So hold please

No problem i will wait.

I pressed F5
Sent me back to log in and in the lower right corner there is a red X, no internet

Are you able to sign in without the user profile error ?

I entered my password ***** did not get that message but now it's just spinning, just a moment

OK lets wait for 3 min and lets see if its loading or not.

Ok now I'm on the safe mode screen

See if you can open any webpages in it.

I can

Good in that case may i remote access to the computer and do the rest because rest of the process includes editing registry which need to be done carefully.Let me know.

Ok

Please open the following web address in the computer https://tinyurl.com/yar6a9h8 type it in the address bar of any web browser and open it.that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

John, Laptop Support Specialist
It can't find that site

Can you open your email in the computer.

No, says there's no internet connection

OK in that case we will open the administrator account and then boot to that one and then i will access the computer.

Click on start then type cmd that will show cmd in the list right click on it and then click on run as administrator.

That will open command prompt (cmd) in that type the following.

Net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter (there is space between net and user then space between user and administrator then again space between administrator and /active:yes) let me know what is shows after you enter that command.

The command completed successfully

Good now restart the computer normally and in the lower left of the sign in screen you can see administrator click on it and then click on sign in.See if you can sign in to Administrator account without the user profile error.

Let me know.

I'm in but now it says this might take several minutes. Don't turn off PC
Now it says We want everything to be ready for you

OK its setting that user account so lets wait until you get the desktop screen.

Let me know.

Ok it's on desktop screen

Good now see if you can access your email and let me know.

I'm in my email

Now look for emails from justanswer and open the one that says i just replied and then in that email you can see view reply click on it and that will open this page on the computer.

let me know.

I'm there

Good.

To do remote support please click on this link https://tinyurl.com/yar6a9h8 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

User profile issue solved using remote support.If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

You did an amazing job helping me. Thank you John

You are welcome sir.

Sincerely,