Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My acer laptop seems to have a virus. It first started with…

Customer Question
My acer laptop seems...

My acer laptop seems to have a virus. It first started with my Facebook account getting closed so I called them and they ran a test and said I had a a bad virus but now I can not get anything to work. On my screen it has AUTOMATIC REPAIR

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Facebook?

It also has Your PC did not start correctly

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

My options are Restart and Advance options and they don't work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don't recalling that I did update my software.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/13/2018
Laptop technician: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

Try this please, choose the Automatic Repair option on that screen, then choose reset and keep my files from the next screen.

Thank you Randy, I am having to use my iPad to contract you. I have tried restart and advanced options and nothing works.

okay, try this please> press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds then power back on and try the Automatic repair again.

Ok
The screen has STARTUP PASSWORD ***** have tried that one before and it didn't work
Can you log on my computer and see if you can fix the problem?

no, unfortunately you have to gain access to the computer first. I will give you some steps to try.

do you have windows 10 on the acer?

Are you still there?
  1. Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.
  2. While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.
  3. On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
I have a laptop computer

okay, power off again and then power back on and hit F11 as soon as the computer powers on, see if you can get to the Advanced Startup Options menu.

Ok
I am at the advance options
At the top of the screen it has AUTOMATIC REPAIR
Your PC did not start correctly

okay,choose automatic repair, then choose reset this pc.

I did that then I did recovery options again now I am on the screen ADVANCE OPTIONS. This screen has six options to chose from.
Just want to make sure I am doing the right one.
Which one do I use???
HELP ME PLEASE
Sorry for the delay. Choose reset and keep files.
System Restore?
System Image Recovery?
System restore
I need to free up space but I can not get into my computer
If you are busy I will get someone to help me.
I need you to help me with my computer if possible
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

> so I called them and they ran a test and said I had a a bad virus

Can I first who were THEY ("them" in your message)? Do you mean you were told you got a virus over phone?

Sr.Manger of Facebook?
I want to say it was a Sr. VICE president of Facebook had told me I had a virus. I turned my Facebook off

I think it was a scam. As basically, there is no way for a senior manager of FB to speak with you and tell you about a virus on your computer. Impossible for vice president of FB.

What's the number of them?

I was thinking that too. They were wanting me to pay for a five year protection plan for my computer but pay with a money card. Now that is Crazy
This guy may have stolen everything on my computer

Did you actually pay?

Did you allow those guys touch your computer remotely?

Did you tell them any password ***** you?

No I didnt pay anything at all but they did go in my computer to see where there are their people looking in. But I did mot give them my passwords.

> they did go in my computer to see where there are their people looking in

How could they remotely access your computer? Did you run a program (via link) from them? Do you see what they were doing on your computer screen?

What it seemed as they were running a virus program and it showed different countries looking in on my computer or facebook

Vice president of Facebook was so kind to help customer scanning his/her computer. I guess you should share this on FB. :)

Okay, it is a scam confirmed. I think I should suggest you reinstall your computer to get rid of everything they left on your PC.

Amen to that!!!
Damn Scammers!! Can't believe anything anymore. Sad world

So what do you want me to do for you now?

Is there anything else you can do?

I think I better connect to your computer to check and review the situation, and will help you reset the PC if you got important files backed up.

How can you connect to my computer?

I tried to send you an offer but failed to do so due to a site issue.

I think you you may rate me here to close this question, and open another one for remote assistance. As I already know your situation from this question, you may simple assign a low value for the new question.

Hello, are you there?