Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

After turning it on this am it suddenly went dark and

After turning it on...

After turning it on this am it suddenly went dark and responds to nothing. I did plug in the charger and that is complete, but it still will not respond

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, this is the model that detaches the screen from the keyboard. Serial # DO101304E625854887215 serial number

3/13/2018
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

This could be a hardware failure of some kind, based upon your description.

Try this: Hold the power button for 30 seconds, then take your finger off for five seconds, and then just try to power up the machine normally.

Give that a try and if it worked for you, then please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better. If it did not resolve the issue, then just reply back via the box below to let me know.

ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast