Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My mouse won't work. Toshiba. Model not sure about 5 or 6…

My mouse won't work ...

My mouse won't work

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

Toshiba. Model not sure about 5 or 6 years old. Operating system?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

One time this happened. I used tech support i was instructed to hold down a button on the lower left part of the keyboard and one of the function buttons

3/13/2018
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Is the keyboard working fine and you can login to the computer?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 10?

The issue is with the Touchpad and not external mouse. Right?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the keyboard works and i can log in. I think windows9. Something is preventing it ftom downloading windows 10

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.

Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)

Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).

Normally power on the notebook.

If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.

Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist

Please click on the below link, it will open a new web page. Over there you will see I agree button. Click the button and you will get an option to Run or Save. Please click on Run and follow the instructions.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b332b1d9-8128-415c-b395-fb4762ff1bb2

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
R u dtill there. My phone wouldn't download what u sent

Please do not download it on your phone. Have you tried the instructions I have given?

Normally power on the notebook.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did the computer is on but i can't log on

Do you have an external Mouse with you? Just for checking it?

You are using a Laptop. Right?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure lemme check

Take your time and let me know.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I found it. It doesn't do anything to the computer

So, no mouse working with the computer?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Correct

Please try restoring the computer to an earlier date by following the instructions below.

Press and hold the power button (while holding the Shift key) till the gets turned OFF, Then, release the power button and press it again to restart the computer. Release the Shit key when it turns ON.

Note : If you do not get the options, restart it again. Press and hold the power button before it boots to Windows. Try it for three times.

The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot. Go to Troubleshoot.

Then, click or tap Advanced Options.

Now you have access to several system recovery tools. Choose System Restore in order to start it. It should be the first on the list.

Windows takes some time to prepare System Restore. It may even restart your computer or device. When System Restore is ready, you are asked to choose a user account to continue. Select an account that is set as administrator on your Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 computer or device.

You are asked to enter the password ***** that account. Please pay attention to the fact that Windows shows you the keyboard layout it is using. If you need to change it, press “Change keyboard layout” and select another one. When ready, type the password ***** the appropriate field and press Continue.

System Restore is now started and you can use it to revert Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 to a previously working state. Choose an earlier date and follow the instructions.

If the issue persists, we will try Resetting the PC.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got to the advanced options screen. There was no option fpr administrator. So i restarted the computer and am back to the behinning

May I know the options you are getting under Advanced options?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
System restore. System image recovery. Start up repair. Command prompt. Startup settings. Go back to the previous build

Select System restore and follow the on screen instructions.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What if i don't know the password

It is the login password ***** are asking for,

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't have a log in password
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got the system restore screen

Okay.

Select recommended restore date and click next and then Finish.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It shows several dates. But the only buttons i csn push r back and cancel

Can you select the one that says Recommended?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't have a recommended option. Just a couple of dates and back or cancel

Select the last one and click next.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm not able to select anything but back and cancel

Not able to click on any of the dates?

Do you see an option like Show more restore points?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can't check on dates. Can click on show more restore points but when i select it it just goes to i rstore screen with a couple of paragraghs and the option to click next which takes me back to the previous screen

Can you restart the computer and start over? before that check the mouse too.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. No luck with the mouse. Can't we try what we did last time. I was told to hold one of the keys on yhe lower left of the keyboard and one of the function buttons

Yes. However the external mouse does not work too. Right?

However, try Fn and f9 keys together.

Thank you.

Customer/p>

If the issue persists, I would suggest you try System restore once again.

If that does notwork too, please try System image Recovery (that you have got as an option along with System restore).

I have to go for an appointment and will be back as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I t worked !!! Thank u. Do i need to cancel the remote assistance since i didn't use it

Glad to hear that. I will cancel the Remote assistance.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank u very much

You are most welcome! If you have any issues, please be back.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure. Can we try whatever we did last time

The issue is resolved. Right?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist