Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Tv says not working. Did have audio but no picture. Now just…

Customer Question
Tv says not working...

Tv says not working. Did have audio but no picture. Now just red light.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes. Called spectrum but not cable box. In tv.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just what to do.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/13/2018
Laptop technician: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me the brand and model number of the tv?
Can you also tell me the exact error code/message you see on the tv screen?

50HM67 no error message. I don't think you can help. Cancel I don't want extra expense. Spectrum can fix it.

I have no ability to cancel, or refund anything.

I'm also not asking for anything extra.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

You had mentioned initially "tv says not working", so I am asking you specifically what you are seeing regarding that, if that is not something showing on the tv screen.

I just asked a question and it did me no good. Thank you.

I'm trying to help you here, but please understand this is a conversation and requires some back and forth,

I need some specific details from you, please.

Can you elaborate on "tv says not working"?

Is the tv even turning on at this point? Can you see the toshibas own menu screens?

Thank you but I am 80 years old and was just seeing if something needed turned on.

There is most likely more to this than just turning on. As you mentioned spectrum already said it is not the box, so they won't be any more help at this point.

If you can please provide the requested information, then I can help you with the tv here, under the fees you have already paid.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.