Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I've lost all of my previous emails, plus documents,

I've lost all of...

I've lost all of my previous emails, plus documents, contacts, etc when I had trouble with the computer and (it was frozen) 3 days ago. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Toshiba laptop os 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, it told me to update the computer and that is when I lost about everything. Looked for old files but don't know how to retrieve them.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Okay, this is a PC and just the fact that I need to retrieve all of the information that I lost.

3/13/2018
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Thanks for your Question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What did you do to resolve the issue with the freezing of the computer?

Please let me know

Thank you

Richard, Laptop Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I finally got some instructions on the monitor. I followed them as one said to hit a certain monitor statement. Don't know for sure what it said but it spent about 30 minutes changing my configurations. When it was done I had lost all of my information from the past three years.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In brief, I am attempting to reclaim all of the files that were taken off of my computer and re-establish them on said machine.

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know what you mean by the ID and Password

Please carefully read and perform the instructions I gave you and you will see exactly what you are required to do

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't see what you mean. I have nothing coming over the computer at this time!

I will repeat the instructions again, I ask please to carefully read and follow them, if you get stuck on a step let me know but please do not skip reading steps

Click this link

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We are really having trouble here. I see no evidence of a program coming into my computer so what's the deal?

Which internet browser are you using

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you still with me. I don't understand what is going on here and it is most frustrating!

yes.. I replied to you with a question

Which internet browser are you using

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have no idea of what browser I am using. I am going through Chrome...if that is a browser.

yes it is, so look please at the bottom of the screen and you see the file there, like any file you download from the internet.

The file is called Teamviewer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are 3 TeamViewers at the bottom of the screen. One is teamvier QS2 One is teamviewer QS 1 and the last if simply teamviewerQS. Which of them am I supposed to click on?

You did the instructions then 3 times now.. click any one of them

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ID# ***** 113 168
Password = 2497

It says you closed the program or gave me the wrong ID.

You have to leave the program open so I can connect, open it again, give me the new password ***** tells you and double check the Id and leave it open please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did not close anything! It said that the ID is 700 113 168 and the password ***** ***** I did nothing but send that information to you.

It is closed... we will try another way as this may be easier for you to follow...

Click this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=90bc142c-dcfd-4452-9b6c-0f57a9666739

The files shows AT THE BOTTOM of your screen called Eslisonor just click and run it

Richard, Laptop Specialist