Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

No sound. Internal. I went into settings trying to to turn…

Customer Question
Internal Technician's Assistant: Did...

Internal

Technician's Assistant: Did you try updating the sound driver on your laptop?

No, I went into settings trying to to turn off talking to blind people

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

At once the tv went mute

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
3/13/2018
Laptop technician: michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

which device are you facing the sound problem..computer or tv

tv
no

i will opt out and let TV experts assist you on this

Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
What's the model of your TV? What is the signal source having is no sound issue? Do you see live picture for the same signal source?
32L310U18Rev A
Thanks. What's your current input source? HDMI, USB, antenna input, or composite video input? Again, do you see video on screen?
hdmi; yes I see video
What device is the HDMI source? A laptop? Or anything else?
telus router
How could a network router be your HDMI signal source? It doesn't make sense. Can you please double check? Thanks.
I am sorry, it comes from a telus box.
Do you have a computer having HDMI interface?
Great. Just try play something like YouTube from the laptop and extend the screen to your TV. Of course make sure the audio output goes to HDMI port instead of the laptop's internal speaker.
no sound
Do you mean you can hear the sound of playing video from the laptop, but once redirect the audio from local speaker to HDMI, you can't hear the sound from the TV even you have adjusted the volume to max on the TV? Correct or incorrect?
correct.
Okay, he last step, can you try some other input sources? Such as as USB or Antenna Input?
Sorry for the typo. I mean: the last step.
no, let us quit
To save time, I guess you should directly mention that you have tried above steps or not, instead of typing a lot to ask for nothing.
I am sorry for the mix up.
The sound setting was on auto. Set to "on'
After set to ON? Worked?