Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Just got a L775d s7226 given to me because some bonehead…

Customer Question
Just got a L775d...

Just got a L775d s7226 given to me because some bonehead tried to flash the Bios and made a boat anchor out of it. Bought a new Bios chip But need a diogran as to which chip in the mobo is the Bios.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Toshiba L775 s7226 windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your L775? Have you installed any updates recently?

It is a dead machine because a person flubbed a bios flash so I need the location of the bios chip on the mobo so I can replace it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the new Bios chip just need to locate the position if the bios chip

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Laptop
3/13/2018
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 1 month ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User

> Bought a new Bios chip But need a diogran as to which chip in the mobo is the Bios.

Please clarify what you actually purchased? A computer chip or chipset? Or a firmware (utility program to manage motherboard)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I bought a pre programmed bios chip for for the l775g s7226 mobo
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
L775d s7226 bios chip pre programmed
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can not connect because it is dead. The original owner had a friend try to flash the bios and killed the chip
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are many chips on the mobo with the same package, just need location of bios chip
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
am I out of luck or what?

Just saw your replies. Reviewing...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The laptop Is DEAD!! Bios chip is trashed

Can you please take a high-resolution picture of the motherboard on your Toshiba laptop. Of course, the side with processor on it.

Can you please also take a picture of the chip newly purchased?

Thanks.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer