Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a Toshiba laptop PSPQU2-ooSoon it will not start.

Customer Question
I have a Toshiba...

I have a Toshiba laptop PSPQU2-ooSoon it will not start. Since this is my Gr4andsons laptop he did not make a back up. I was able to get it up on line using a backup disk for my HP. It loaded windsows 10 pro and ran good. Microsoft sent a up dare and unit shut down and would not start.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

I reboot it from a flash drive for a HP system. Loaded and ran. Next time it was shut down it would not start again. I think bios are correpted because unit thinks it a HP computer now.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
Unit serial number is ***** It was started with a Flash Drive for another computer and was restarted several time while installing windows 10 Pro but when Microsoft sent a update unit restarted to the Toshiba screen and the dot keep circling. Nothing else happens/ Cannot shut unit down with power button have to pull power to get it to shut down.
3/12/2018
Laptop technician: bbao, Senior Laptop User replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, Senior Laptop User
> I think bios are correpted because unit thinks it a HP computer now
Why do you say so? Any screenshot please?
No screen shots. Unit was started with Flash Drive loaded from a HP computer and Microsoft said it was an HP computer when Windows was loaded. Flash Drive came from a HP laptop and during reload error message came up config file was for HP not Toshiba.
Can no longer get unit online so no way for you to log on to it.
That's fine, that just means it's an utility from HP.
Do you have important files on the computer?
No important files on unit.
Do you have another working computer running Windows?
the one I'm talking to you on.
Great! Please download a copy of genuine Windows 10 from Microsoft from below link.https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10You will download a tool from site, run it and follow the screen instruction to download Windows disc and convert it to a USB drive. You no longer need that USB drive with HP tools on it, so you may use that USB drive if its size is 4GB or larger.Please first create the bootable USB drive. Then I will guide you to complete erase the disk to make sure installation to go smoothly.
My windows is a genuine Windows 10 pro copy. I downloaded my computer directly from my Microsoft account. Will this download try to write over the copy I have on my PC?
Do I need to format the flash drive before I try your suggestion?
No, doing this will have no impact to the Windows on your current computer. The downloaded tool might ask you if you want to install Windows on current computer, just choose NO, then the tool will create a boot USB drive for you to use on another computer.
Ok.
No, you don't need to format the flash drive yourself. The Microsoft tool to be downloaded will handle everything for you. You just run it and wait for a bootable USB stick. That's it.
Download in the works.
Were under a big storm right now so if you lose me I probably lost power. If so Ill contact you later waiting for download now.
Better do this when weather is nice and your internet connection and power is stable, anything wrong might cause "dirty" data written on your USB. If so, it will cause troubles for "no" reason. Just wait, do it another day when everything is under control.
Is this laptop a 64 bit unit and based on the serial number of the laptop can you give me the Microsoft number to activate the Windows 10
Power is stable now. I start having power problem I about this.

Yes, pease advise the serial number so I can let you know if it is 64-bit compatible. Thanks.

Serial number is *****
Windows 10 must be keeping you guys in work. When it runs it good but Microsoft is not very careful with there updates and I have had you reload windows 10 on my PC several time. Next PC purchase will be an Apple.
download just aborted I have to contact Microsoft to see why. Ill stop here and try this again tomorrow. Good night

Your computer is 64-bit compatible, but its default OS is Windows 81 as per Toshiba.

https://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=6E253007C