Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

How do I get the battery out of a lenovo ideapad 100-151BD.

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get the battery out of a lenovo ideapad 100-151BD. Need to cold boot it.

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Model 80QQ ... It just did a blasted Windows 10 update :-(

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Been working on it for 2 days. Now it is stuck signing off.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Think the Host Manager is corrupted, but don't know how to fix that

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Laptop technician: AaronB, Computer Support replied 4 months ago
AaronB
AaronB, Computer Support

My name is ***** ***** I can try to assist you. You would need to remove the keyboard, base cover, and optical drive to get access to the battery. First you would have to remove the keyboard.

Second you would remove the optical drive. Third you would remove the base cover entirely. Finally, you would then have access to the battery pack, in order to remove it.

Please refer to pages 32-38 of this Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15ibd hardware manual. Let me know if you need any assistance with those instructions.

Thanks,

Aaron

then, there would be no other way to do a cold boot on this machine?

You could try powering off that laptop. Press and hold the power button for 15 to 30 seconds. You should hear a loud longer beep than normal.

Now power the laptop on again like normal and see if it will boot properly.