Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have not used my Surface Pro computer for quite awhile and…

I have not used...

I have not used my Surface Pro computer for quite awhile and I have forgotten the password ***** log into the laptop. How can I find the password ***** clear it out and assign a new password

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

No I have not I was going to install Windows 10 today which is why I turned the laptop on

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your laptop?

Surface Pro laptop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it

3/10/2018
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your login. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8?

There are 2 types of accounts. One will tell you to go to microsoft online message if you enter to many wrong passwords

and the other is a local account not attached to an email.

Please tell me which yours is.

windows 8 I think I can't get into the laptop to check. I don't know what type of account it is
Are you working on a solution?
are you working on a solution?

You have to look.

One will tell you to go to microsoft online message if you enter to many wrong passwords

and the other is a local account not attached to an email that will just show you hints over and over or tell you to reset with a disk when you enter password ***** to many times.

I am disappointed with your assistance on this problem. I won't be able to add to your five star rating based on your responses to my problem
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Your password ***** be reset if you are logging on to the machine with a Microsoft account.

To tell whether you are using a Microsoft account, restart the Surface.

When you get to the screen where you enter your password ***** will see your user name.

If you have a Microsoft account you will also see, in smaller print, an email address.

Do you see an email address on that screen?

I had to take a clo call I will get back to laptop in five minutes and will do what you want me to do

Thank you for the update.

I restarted the laptop I see my name and email address that’s all

Perfect. May I have that e-mail address please and I'll check if the password ***** be reset.

I also just received a link to account.live.com. password ***** will try

Thank you. You will be sent a 7 digit code either by text or email or phone call. The code is not a password.

It is used to help you create a new password.

I received the code where do o go to reset the password

Thank you. If you closed the page to enter the code we'll have to do it again.

Let me help you with that. What are the last 4 digits of your phone number ending in 72

I just got in with a new password. Thank you for your help. Have a great shift today

If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much.

Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech